Homes for Sale in Dunwoody, GA
Homes for sale in Dunwoody, GA range from condos around the commercial & business Perimeter District, and townhomes and single family homes as you move farther away from interstate 285 – some communities even feature their own swimming pools and tennis courts. Dunwoody, GA was incorporated in 2008 and is located just outside “the perimeter” of interstate 285. It is northeast of Atlanta’s city center, and has some of the best public schools in DeKalb County. Dunwoody Village is the historic heart of the community and features distinctive Colonial Williamsburg architectural styles. The Perimeter Center and Perimeter Mall has fabulous shopping and dining. The Perimeter District is one of Atlanta’s largest job centers due to many American corporate headquarters being located here such as the InterContinental Hotels Group, Porsche and Walden Security.
Brook Run is the area’s renowned park and also is the largest in the region at 110 acres, features a wooded 2 mile walking trail loop, large children’s playground, dog park, skate park, event facilities and a community garden. Brook Run also hosts events year-round such as Dunwoody Lemonade Days Carnival & Festival in April.
Dunwoody Park is a 35-acre park that includes two baseball diamonds, a serene nature preserve with hiking trails and Wildcat Creek, as well as nature classrooms in the non-profit Dunwoody Nature Center.
Another non-profit organization that thrives at Dunwoody Park is the Dunwoody Senior Baseball – a diverse program including spring middle school league, summer college-age wood bat league, and year-round travel teams.
The Spruill Center for the Arts begun in 1975 and is a private, non-profit organization, whose mission is to foster understanding and appreciation of the visual arts, by offering a diverse program of classes, professional artist exhibition series and outreach programs for the community.
Another well-known feature in Dunwoody, GA is the prestigious Dunwoody Country Club, a private country club of 200+ acres consisting of golf, tennis, swimming, fitness room, event facilities including ballroom, restaurant and bar. The membership is only available by invitation, and the club regularly hosts charity events and youth activities for its members.
Dunwoody’s zip codes are 30338, 30346 and 30360. Some of the neighborhood and districts include:
- Dunwoody Village is the heart of Dunwoody, and the location of the Dunwoody Farmhouse. Dunwoody Village Shopping Center was built in the 1970s, and features the distinctive colonial Williamsburg style that all other construction in the area followed, giving Dunwoody a unique identity and charm.
- Perimeter Center is the neighborhood that has formed around Perimeter Mall. The mall was developed in 1971, and a boom of office, residential, and commercial developments grew around this hub. It is a huge job center for Atlanta, with many corporate offices located here. Perimeter mall is the second largest shopping mall in Georgia with over 158 stores & services. The western part of Perimeter Center spans the Fulton county line into Sandy Springs. Perimeter Center is located at the intersection of two major highways, GA 400 & I-285. The Dunwoody MARTA Transit Station provides public transportation to the district of approximately 3,545 passengers daily on a weekday.
- Georgetown was developed in the early 1960s. It is located near I-285 and borders with the city limits of Chamblee. Overdevelopment in Georgetown was one of the main reasons for the initiation of Dunwoody’s incorporation movement, and includes apartments and single-family homes in the area. Georgetown, one of the most walkable areas of the city, contains Georgetown Shopping Center and Georgetown Park.
- The Williamsburg commercial district is located on the eastern edge of Dunwoody, and includes Orchard Park Shopping Center, Mt. Vernon Shopping Center and the Williamsburg at Dunwoody Shopping Center for the area residents. The centralized dining and shopping covers the intersection of Mt. Vernon, Dunwoody Club Drive, and Jett Ferry Road. School bus pickup/transportation is located at Orchard Park Shopping Center to ease commuter worries to many of Atlanta’s best private schools.
- Winters Chapel is located at Dunwoody’s border with the city of Peachtree Corners. The district shares a name with its main road, which was originally named after the Winters Chapel Methodist Church which has been at its location since the 1870s. A linear park along DeKalb County’s Twin Lakes water reservoir on Peeler Road and Windwood Hollow Park that has tennis courts, playground, a pavilion, and a walking trail are popular with the Winters Chapel residents.
- Tilly Mill is named after the pioneer Tilly family, who owned a farm and mill on land bisected by Tilly Mill Road. The Dunwoody campus of Georgia State University’s Perimeter College and Dunwoody’s impressive Brook Run Park are located here.
Parks and Recreation in Dunwoody, GA
The City of Dunwoody is home to seven neighborhood parks. Each park has different amenities like playgrounds, ball fields, barbecue grills, pavilions/picnic areas, walking trails and seating areas. For a list of all facilities in Dunwoody, please click here: Dunwoody Facilities
Brook Run Park – 4770 North Peachtree Road, Dunwoody, Georgia 30338 – The area’s renowned park is also the largest in the region at 110 acres, features a wooded 2-mile walking trail loop, large children’s playground, dog park, skate park, baseball fields, event facilities and a community garden. Treetop Quest, an elevated zip-line obstacle course is the newest addition to the park for those adventurers in the family. Google Maps
Donaldson-Bannister Farm – 4831 Chamblee Dunwoody Road, Dunwoody, GA 30338 – This home was built in the 1870’s, and 5-acre property is available to view and enjoy by appointment or by reservation for events. The City has worked with Dunwoody Preservation Trust and completed the property and it is now open year-round for picnics, strolls, and free play in the open lawn. Google Maps
Dunwoody Park – 5343 Roberts Drive, Dunwoody, GA 30338 – Dunwoody Park is 35 acres and includes a nature preserve with hiking trails, Wildcat Creek, playground, and nature classes in the Dunwoody Nature Center. Google Maps
Georgetown Park – 4400 Dunwoody Park Drive, Dunwoody, GA 30338 – Georgetown Park is just the right size at 3 acres. This park has a playground, multi-use trail to a central square area complete with open play field, gazebo, bocce courts, and decorative artisan fountain. Google Maps
North DeKalb Cultural Arts Center – 5339 Chamblee Dunwoody Road, Dunwoody, GA 30338 – North DeKalb Cultural Arts Center is a multi-arts complex on 6 acres and includes the Dunwoody Library. It offers art programs and classes for all ages. The Spruill Center for the Arts, Stage Door Players, and the Chattahoochee Handweavers Guild are all part of the North DeKalb Cultural Arts Center. Google Maps
Pernoshal Park – 4575 North Shallowford Road, Dunwoody, GA 30338 – This 5-acre park includes an open field for play, pavilion, basketball courts, a pickleball court, and a connection to part of the Dunwoody Trailway. Google Maps
Vernon Oaks Park – Located at the corner of Vernon Springs Drive and Vernon Oaks Drive, Dunwoody, GA 30338 – this pocket park features a walking trail, seating to read/relax, and a stone spring house built by early settlers. Google Maps
Windwood Hollow Park – 4865 Lakeside Drive Park, Dunwoody, GA 30360 – This 11-acre park features a playground, two tennis courts, picnic pavilion, nature trails, and an open meadow for free play. Google Maps
Dunwoody Trailway – The Dunwoody Trailway is a 12-foot wide, multi-use trail which connects across three distinctive parks in the City of Dunwoody: Brook Run Park, Pernoshal Park and Georgetown Park. The 2.76-mile Dunwoody Trailway offers loops, straightaways and curves providing walkers, runners, strollers and bikers with tree-lined canopies, boardwalks and bridges across a tributary of Nancy Creek. The multi-use trail also features series of workout stations along the trail within Pernoshal Park plus bicycle repair stations. In the future, the trail will connect other parks in Dunwoody as well. Map of Trail
Dunwoody Police Department
Dunwoody Fire Station
DeKalb County is responsible for the City of Dunwoody’s Fire Department:
Fire Station #21 | Phone: (404) 371-2000 – located at 1020 Crown Pointe Pkwy, Dunwoody, GA 30338 Google Maps
Fire Station #12 | Phone: (678) 406-7750 – located at 5323 Roberts Dr, Dunwoody, GA 30338 Google Maps
Fire Station #18 | Phone: (678) 406-7750 – located at 4588 Barclay Dr, Atlanta, GA 30338 Google Maps
For a list of all fire rescue stations in DeKalb County, please click here: DeKalb Fire Stations & Facilities
Just west of Dunwoody along Peachtree Dunwoody Rd is a wide array of hospitals and specialist offices commonly known to locals as “pill hill”. Many doctors reside nearby in Dunwoody and Brookhaven for ease of commute, as well as patients needing long term care for chronic illnesses. Some of these hospitals are:
Northside Hospital | Phone: (404) 851-8000 | Address: 1000 Johnson Ferry Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30342 Website
Emory Saint Joseph’s Hospital | Phone: (678) 843-7001 | Address: 5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA 30342 Website
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish Rite Hospital | Phone: (404) 785-5437 | Address: 1001 Johnson Ferry Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30342 Website
Primary and Secondary Schools
- Austin Elementary School | Address: 5321 Roberts Dr, Dunwoody, GA 30338 | Phone: (678) 874-8102
- Chesnut Charter Elementary School | Address: 4576 N Peachtree Rd, Atlanta, GA 30338 | Phone: (678) 676-7102
- Kingsley Elementary School | Address: 2051 Brendon Dr, Dunwoody, GA 30338 | Phone: (678) 874-8902
- Vanderlyn Elementary School | Address: 1877 Vanderlyn Dr, Dunwoody, GA 30338 | Phone: (678) 874-9002
- Dunwoody Elementary School | Address: 1923 Womack Rd, Dunwoody, GA 30338 | Phone: (678) 875-4002
Middle and High Schools
- Peachtree Charter Middle School | Address: 4664 N Peachtree Rd, Atlanta, GA 30337 | Phone: (678) 676-7702
- Dunwoody High School | Address: 5035 Vermack Rd, Dunwoody, GA 30338 | Phone: (678) 874-8502
- Dunwoody Christian School | Address: 2250 Dunwoody Club Dr, Atlanta, GA 30350 | (678) 361-1435
- Crossroads Christian Academy | Address: 4805 Tilly Mill Rd, Dunwoody, GA, 30360 | Phone: (770) 457-1148
- Atlanta North School | Address: 5123 Chamblee Dunwoody Road, Dunwoody, GA, 30338 | Phone: (770) 512-8456
- Marist Roman Catholic School| Address: 3790 Ashford Dunwoody Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30319 | Phone: (770) 457-7201
- Cumberland Academy of Georgia | Address: 650 Mount Vernon Hwy NE, Atlanta, GA 30328 | Phone: (404) 835-9000
- Springmont School (formerly First Montessori School of Atlanta) | Address: 5750 Long Island Dr, Sandy Springs, GA 30327 | Phone: (404) 252-3910
- The Alfred and Adele Davis Academy | Address: 7901 Roberts Dr, Sandy Springs, GA 30350 | Phone: (770) 804-9191
Search below for a particular area or simply scroll the current homes for sale in Dunwoody, GA listed below:
No Results Found.